Remember when everyone was giving more than two shits about that internet petition to tell the obama administration WE DON’T WANT CISPA? Lot of good that did, and by “lot” I mean none. CISPA recently, and shamelessly, passed in the house and is now moving to the senate for debate. You guys need to contact your local congressman and tell them that you do not want CISPA to pass! That is the only viable way to have an impact on whether this passes or not.
Want to hear somthing that will make you angrier? Congressman McCaul is just one of many using the tragic Boston bombing as an excuse to pass CISPA, similarly to how USA PATRIOT ACT got passed because of the 9/11 bombings and that is not okay. He claims that had a bill like that had been in place to begin with, the bombing might have been avoidable.
Words cannot describe how angry this makes me. The worst part is I don’t know what makes me angrier. The fact our representatives went againt our clearly voiced opinions on the matter and passed CISPA in the house, or the fact the congressmen are using the Boston Bombings to gain leeway to get it passed as law entirely.
Spread the word about CISPA, what congressmen are doing to trying to get it passed, how it is on the threshold of becoming law, and get angry about it.
Reblog for internet freedom and awareness of congress abuse of tragedies to pass an unlawful bill! Let them no you’re not okay with this bill, and even more so how they’re using the Boston Bombings as an excuse to get it passed!
EDIT: (courtesy of not-a-word)
The most important thing to emphasize right now is that you should be contacting your two Senators directly since the bill has moved to the Senate. You can find out who your Senators are here: http://www.senate.gov/general/contact_information/senators_cfm.cfm or go through the EFF’s Action Center: https://www.eff.org/action.
It’s important, no matter what you feel about individual members of Congress, to be polite when you’re contacting their offices directly. A message that attacks the individual may not be counted in the tally of constituent responses - and it’s unlikely that their staff would pass along the gory details in any case.
- returnofthephoenix likes this
- hewhofightsthedemonswithin reblogged this from blissfulmadnesss
- zenascottage reblogged this from thatsonofamitch
- sarabaren likes this
- lovelylatexluna likes this
- mr-severyn reblogged this from crazywolfmonky
- crazywolfmonky reblogged this from alicornradio
- crazywolfmonky likes this
- bigdarkbear reblogged this from tremlol
- levon76 likes this
- robosekkusu reblogged this from cuntoftriggergauges
- harryunderthetree reblogged this from hachidori-hime
- hachidori-hime reblogged this from grandmapancakes
- jay-pls reblogged this from whentherestrouble
- looking-for-wifi reblogged this from conciliatorymechanism
- conciliatorymechanism reblogged this from release-the-wolf-inside
- release-the-wolf-inside reblogged this from from-the-ashes-we-ascend
- onewolf-twohowls likes this
- clayterrran likes this
- erstwhilegirl reblogged this from laura-in-libraryland
- beesandjam reblogged this from queen-of-the-internet-peasants
- unionjackrose reblogged this from gibby-san
- silverpatch reblogged this from thatsonofamitch
- gibby-san reblogged this from borikenia
- razr750 reblogged this from thatsonofamitch
- 221bsmallerontheoutsideimpala reblogged this from slayerinthetardis
- fireinthebluetime reblogged this from slayerinthetardis
- slayerinthetardis reblogged this from wolfbadtreepretty
- attack-on-levis-ass reblogged this from totallyseme
- kamitra likes this
- travelandunravel reblogged this from ndib
- fukncoldheartedbitch reblogged this from shiningdragonair
- jordan-stark reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- jelly-fish-loves-loki reblogged this from dequeerium
- dequeerium reblogged this from nanammii
- orangerhapsody reblogged this from moronadjacent
- pugna-vel-intereo reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- syraa025 reblogged this from wordsmythologic
- rrosegoldd reblogged this from quaithagod
- skilledmoon reblogged this from kinetic-squirrel
- flamesonthesidesofmyface reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- frillysherlock reblogged this from royalcarriage
- frillysherlock likes this
- thesecondfox reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- totallyseme reblogged this from totallyseme
- fandomavengers-assemble reblogged this from gallifreyan-and-not-ginger
- moronadjacent reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- rachel-reviews reblogged this from doortotomorrow
- too-fabulous-for-gallifrey reblogged this from gallifreyan-and-not-ginger
- gozen-multi-character reblogged this from jethrospaceemo